- Westside Caroling
Saturday, December 16th, 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m. starting at Letts Community Center
- A Westside Thanksgiving & Fundraiser
Sunday, November 12th, 5:30-8 p.m. at The Cadillac Room
- Pizza & Politics
Wednesday, September 27th at Letts Community Center
- Neighborhood Night Out & Movie
Friday, September 8th at Letts Community Center
- Crime & Safety Meeting
Fourth Tuesday of the month, 6:30 p.m. at Letts Community Center
- Westside Party in The Park - Saturday, May 13th from 1–4 p.m. St. Joseph Park, 2125 W. Hillsdale
What better way to kick off Spring and get yourself in the mood for the SSJF then a Block Party! The Westside Neighborhood Association will host the SSJF for "Westside Jazz Party in the Park", May 13, from 1-4pm at St. Joseph Park in Lansing, MI. The event will feature a performance by Organissimo with special guests Michael Dease, and Freddie Cunningham. This event was created to increase the visibility of the festival throughout Greater Lansing, and as a musical means to help build a bridge between East Lansing and Lansing.
- Westside & Old Oakland Neighborhoods Garage Sale, June 10th from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Westside and Old Oakland Neighborhoods are teaming up once again for the annual neighborhood-wide garage sale on Saturday, June 10th from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., rain or shine. Sales may be open independently on Friday, June 9th or Sunday June 11th as well. See the event page for more information or sign up here!
- Westside Neighborhood Clean Up, June 17th
More information to come
- Westside Neighborhood Walking Tour, June 27th from 6 p.m. to 8p.m.
Join the Crime and Safety Committee for a historic walking tour of the Westside Neighborhood. The informal tour, will be led by Andi Crawford, Neighborhood Resource Coordinator, and highlight 15 historical homes on a 1.5 mile route leaving from the front steps of Sexton High School and returning to Letts Community Center ending with refreshments and conversation. At Large City Council Member, Carol Wood will join us at Letts at 7 p.m. Find out more of Facebook!
- Westside Neighborhood Annual Picnic, July 19th at St. Joseph Park
Bring the family and a dish to pass! More information to come
- Fall Festival and Silent Auctions - Sunday, October 9th at 4:30 p.m. Radisson Hotel Downtown Lansing Join your neighbors for WNA's biggest event of the year! Ticket and $20 for adults and $10 for kids 4–12. Kids 3 and under are free. You ticket includes dinner, with the proceeds benefitting the WNA. There will be a silent auction and some fantastic door prizes! Contact any board member to purchase tickets.
- Wreaths and Garland Ropes in support of Letts Community Center - ONGOING Wreaths and Garland Ropes will be available within the next few days. First wreath is $19, second $18, third $17. 15 foot garland ropes are $15. Call Jim Booth at 517-371-1754 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. All proceeds go to support programs at Letts Community Center. These are gorgeous greens that last long past the holidays!
- SOCA Annual Meeting and Holiday Party - Wednesday December 3 - 5:30 pm SOCA stands for the Saginaw Oakland Commercial Association -- the artist formerly known as Lansing's Westside Commercial Association. We've changed our name to better reflect the commercial corridors we're trying to revitalize -- Saginaw Street and Oakland Avenue. They're the east-west backbone of Greater Lansing, and we're working hard to make them safer, more inviting, and more vibrant. Come out on Wednesday evening, December 3rd, 2014 to eat, drink, be merry, and celebrate our community! Enjoy the company of friends and neighbors, and come to see us hand out the 2nd Annual Awards, including the Business of the Year and the Placemaker of the Year. Harry's Place 5:30 PM https://www.eventbrite.com/e/soca-holiday-party-and-annual-meeting-tickets-14302650613
Westside Wednesday - December 10 - 6:00 pm
We hope you can join us at Harry's Place on Wednesday, December 10th for our monthly social gathering. Great food and beverages and lots of fun and interesting neighbors. Your RSVP is very helpful so Harry's can staff appropriately.
- December WNA Board Meeting - Thursday December 18 - 6:30 pm - Letts This is our regular monthly board meeting. December is usually a short meeting followed by a social gathering for board members and those interested in serving on the board in 2015.
- Westside Winter Wonderland - Saturday December 20 - 6:30 pm It's our second annual caroling event in the Westside Neighborhood and we hope you can join us. We try to keep the carols to the familiar fun tunes like Frosty, Rudolph and the like. We meet at Harry's, make an as of yet undetermined path around the neighborhood, and return to Harry's Placefor warming beverages. I'll have lyric sheets printed out, but we may need to share. If you're having a party that evening or have little ones that would enjoy a carol, feel welcome to message me and we'll try (no guarantees) to get to you. Please RSVP to email@example.com
Westside Stories - Monday December 22 - 7:30 pm - Harry's Place Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline - Close to aging out of the foster care system, Penobscot Indian Molly Ayer takes a community service position helping an elderly woman named Vivian clean out her home and discovers that they are more alike than different as she helps Vivian solve a mystery from her past.
- Board Meetings: 3rd Thursday, 6:30pm at Letts Community Center
- Crime & Safety Committee Meeting: 4th Tuesday, 6pm at Letts Community Center
- Westside Wednesday: 2nd Wednesday of each month at Harry's Place from 6-8pm. Informal gathering with some board members in attendance to talk about neighborhood matters, if needed.
- September 9, 2016, Neighborhood Night Out and Movie
- July 20, 2016, WNA Summer Picnic
- November 25, 2014 (Tuesday), Crime & Safety Committee at Letts Community Center 6:00 PM
- November 24, 2014 (Monday), Westside Stories at Harry's Place - Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society
- November 20, 2014 (Thursday), WNA Board Meeting at Letts Community Center 6:30 PM
- November 12,2014 (Wednesday), Westside Wednesday at Harry's Place 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- October 28, 2014 (Tuesday), Crime & Safety Committee at Letts Community Center 6:00 PM
- October 27, 2014 (Monday), Westside Story at Harry's Place 7:30 PM - Handling Sin by Michael Malone
- October 16, 2014 (Thursday), WNA Board Meeting at Letts Community Center 6:30 PM
- October 8, 2014 (Wednesday), Westside Wednesday at Harry's Place 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- October 5, 2014 (Sunday), Fiesta - The WNA's one and only annual fundraising event at the Nuthouse from 4:30-6:30 pm. Tickets available from all board members.
- September 23, 2014 (Tuesday), Crime & Safety Committee at Letts Community Center 6:00 PM
- September 22, 2014 (Monday), Westside Stories - Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt - 7:30 pm at Harry's Place
- September 18, 2014 (Thursday), WNA Board Meeting at Letts Community Center 6:30 PM
- September 10, 2014 (Wednesday), Westside Wednesday at Harry's Place from 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- August 25, 2014 (Monday), Westside Stories - Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann - 7:30 pm at Harry's Place
- August 10, 2014 (Sunday), Go Nuts! With Your Neighbors - Lugnuts outing - game starts at 2:05 pm - all tickets $10 ($10.50 if paying by credit card) - tickets much be purchased by July 1st! Contact Danielle to purchase tickets today - dcasavant[AT]ameritech.net
- July 28, 2014 (Monday), Westside Stories - Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh - Harry's Place at 7:30 pm
- July 16, 2014 (Wednesday), Summer Picnic and Concert in the Park - picnic is for neighbors only - concert is open to the public. To RSVP for the picnic: Picnic RSVP
- June 27-29, 2014 (Friday - Sunday), Neighborhood Garage Sale - Register Your Yard Sale
- June 23, 2014 (Monday), Westside Stories - The Invention of Wings, by Sue Monk Kidd - 7:30 pm at Harry's Place
- June 10, 2014 (Tuesday), Dedication of New Neighborhood Sign, Lenawee cul de sac at MLK. All are welcome!
- December 7, 2013 (Saturday), 6:30pm: Westside Winter Wonderland Caroling
- August 25, 2013 (Sunday), 2:05pm at Cooley Law School Stadium: Go Nuts with Your Neighbors. Join your neighbors in the stands to watch the Lansing Lugnuts play ball. This is a Kids Day Sunday with Super Heroes theme so consider coming with costumes.
- August 17, 2013 (Saturday), 7:05pm at Cooley Law School Stadium: Go Nuts with Your Neighbors. Join your neighbors in the stands to watch the Lansing Lugnuts play ball. This is a LAFCU Fireworks Saturday so stay afterword to enjoy the fireworks show.
- July 20, 2013 (Saturday), 11am-1pm at St. Joe Park: WNA Summer Event
- June 14-16, 2013 (Friday-Sunday): Neighborhood-Wide Yard Sale. The Westside Neighborhood Association will handle advertising, send out maps, etc.
- June 18, 2013 (Tuesday), 6:30-8:00pm at Letts Community Center: WNA Candidates Night
- June 6, 2013 (Thursday): RACER Trust Community Meeting - 7pm at Sexton High School Cafeteria
- April 28, 2013 (Sunday): Fiesta and Silent Auction - 4-6pm at The Nuthouse (420 East Michigan Avenue)
- January 10, 2013 (Thursday): Annual General Membership Meeting - 6pm at Sexton High School Cafeteria (DINNER PROVIDED!)
- October 10, 2012 (Wednesday), 7-9pm - Public Informational Meeting from RACER Trust, Sexton High School Cafeteria [Report on meeting]
- October 7, 2012 (Sunday), 1-5pm - Westside Home Tour, various houses
- October 3, 2012 (Wednesday), 6pm - Eastside Candidates Night, Room 213, Foster Community Center, 120 N. Foster
- August 26, 2012 (Sunday), 2pm-5pm - WNA Summer Family Event at Educational Child Care Center (EC3) on Main/Malcolm X in the playground area.
- August 7, 2012 (Tuesday) - National Night Out. Information packet on how to host a block party (a great way to celebrate National Night Out) available on WNA’s website: http://wnalansing.com/resources/
- July 15, 2012 (Sunday) - Westside Garden Tour - Nine gardens - 2pm-6pm
- July 12, 2012 (Thursday) - Irish Pub & Grill WNA Fundraiser - 6pm-8pm
- July 10, 2012 (Tuesday) - Michigan House of Representatives Candidates' Night - Letts Community Center - 6:30pm-8pm
- June 9-10, 2012 (Saturday/Sunday) - Westside Neighborhood Yard Sale - 8am-4pm each day
- April 29, 2012 (Sunday) - Spring Fiesta and Silent Auction Fundraiser - Irish Pub & Grill from 4-6pm.
- April 14, 2012 (Saturday) - Letts Community Center/Riddle Elementary School Grounds Clean-Up - - 9am-12pm
- January 26, 2012 (Thursday): Annual General Membership Meeting - 6pm at Sexton High School Cafeteria (DINNER PROVIDED!)
- October 8, 2011 (Saturday): Fall Meet & Greet, 9am-12pm, Letts Community Center
- October 4, 2011 (Tuesday): Lansing School Board Candidate's Night Forum, 7-9pm, Sexton High School Social Room
- September 28, 2011 (Wednesday): City Council Candidate's Night Forum, 7-9pm, Sexton High School Cafetorium
- June 26, 2011: Westside Garden Tour
- June 25-26, 2011: Westside Neighborhood Yard Sale
- April 29, 2011: Spring Fiesta and Silent Auction Scholarship Fundraiser, 6-8pm at the Irish Pub & Grill, 1910 W. Saginaw
- January 28, 2011: General membership meeting, 6-8 pm at Sexton's cafetorium.
- October 3, 2010: 16th Westside Traditions Home Tour, 1-5pm
- September 26, 2010: Fall Social, 12-3 pm at Letts Community Center
- July 24, 2010: 4th Annual Westside Summer Fest, 1-10 pm at Saginaw & Princeton
- May 22-23, 2010: Neighborhood-Wide Garage Sale, 8 am - 4 pm
- April 30, 2010: Silent Auction Scholarship Fundraiser, 6pm at VFW on Rosemary Street