Scholarship opportunity from State Farm -------
The State Farm Companies Foundation believes all children deserve an education that helps them reach their potential and prepares them for life. The Foundation has established a scholarship program as part of ongoing efforts to address and raise awareness of the nation’s drop-out crisis – a student drops out of high school every 26 seconds. Students are encouraged to be more than a statistic and graduate high school as the first step to being ready to contribute to the 21st Century workforce.
Our support goes to programs that provide students the instruction, resources, and support they need to succeed. The State Farm Good Neighbor Scholarship Program was established to provide financial assistance to high school seniors who plan to attend college, technical, or vocational school, but may not be able to meet the expenses of a higher education without such aid and often do not qualify for other scholarships. The program is administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America.
Who is eligible?
Applicants to the State Farm Good Neighbor Scholarship Program must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a high school senior who will graduate at the end of the 2011-12 school year* *Children of employees, agents, and retirees of the State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company (the "Company") and children of employees of the Company's subsidiaries and affiliates who are otherwise eligible may apply for scholarships, but they will not receive any preferences. Disqualified persons of the Foundation (within the meaning of Section 4946(a)(1) of the Code) will not be eligible for scholarships.
- Plan to enroll in full time undergraduate study at an accredited two or four year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire 2012-2013 academic year
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 to 3.20 on a 4.00 scale (or its equivalent)
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Demonstrate financial need
What will be awarded?
- Up to twenty-six (26) selected recipients will receive a $2,500 award.
- Awards may be renewed up to one additional year based on maintaining satisfactory academic performance and full-time enrollment.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
How do I apply?
- Start by clicking on the Register to Apply link at the bottom of this page. You will need to read and agree to a consent statement and register with a username and password.
- During the application process, you may save your work and leave the site by clicking on the Save and Log Out link located on each application page. To log in, you must enter your username and password.
- Carefully review your application before submission. We recommend that you print a hard copy of your application for your records. Do not send a printed copy to Scholarship Management Services.
- Be sure your application is complete before hitting the 'Submit' button! After you submit the application, no changes can be made. You will no longer have access to your application account or data.
When is the program deadline?
- Your application must be submitted electronically no later than 11:59 p.m. on January 25, 2012.
- Only the first 360 applications received will be accepted.
- Register at: https://www.scholarshipamerica.org/statefarmgoodneighborscholarship/register.php
How are recipients selected?
- Semifinalists will be selected based on financial need, self-declared academic information, leadership and participation in school and community activities and work experience, a statement of educational and career goals and unusual personal or family circumstances.
- Semifinalists must submit their transcript, an outside appraisal, and a copy of their parents’ or guardians’ 2010 1040 IRS tax form showing the student as a dependent. In addition to these documents and the criteria listed above, the short essay will be also considered in the selection of recipients.
- Financial need as calculated by Scholarship Management Services must be demonstrated for the student to receive an award. Instructions for completing the Financial Information section are provided.
- Semifinalists and recipients are selected by Scholarship Management Services. All information received is considered confidential. In no instance does any officer or employee of State Farm Companies Foundation play a part in the selection. Decisions are final and are not subject to appeal. The program is competitive; not all applicants will be selected as recipients.
- The selection process will not be influenced or affected by the actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, gender or sexual orientation of any applicant.
How and when will I be notified?
- All applicants will be notified by email on February 9, 2012. Details regarding required supporting documents will be sent to semifinalists on this date. Notification is sent to the email address you provide on your e-application.
- Recipients will be notified by U.S. postal mail in late March.
What are a recipient's responsibilities?
- Recipients must return a completed Scholarship Acceptance Form to Scholarship Management Services by the indicated deadline.
- Recipients must notify their school about the award and deliver the scholarship check to the school in a timely manner.
- Recipients must notify Scholarship Management Services of any changes in address, school enrollment, or other relevant information and send a complete transcript when requested.
How and when are scholarships paid?
- Payment is made in one installment on August 15, 2012.
- Checks are mailed from Scholarship Management Services to each recipient's home address.
- Checks are made payable to the school for the student.
State Farm Companies Foundation reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
Questions? Contact us:
Call: 1-507-931-1682 and ask for the State Farm Good Neighbor Scholarship Program
State Farm Good Neighbor Scholarship Program Scholarship Management Services One Scholarship Way Saint Peter, MN 56082