The Westside Garden Tour will be held Sunday, June 26th from 2:00PM-6:00PM! The walking tour will showcase seven urban gardens, each with their own unique style. From backyard raised vegetable beds and the latest water conservation measures to chickens clucking alongside a charming rock-terraced garden, to an architecturally in-tune landscape of pergolas, perennials and privacy nooks this year’s gardens are bound to appeal to all interests and gardening appetites.
Tickets are $15.00 each; proceeds will go to Advent House Ministries in support of their programs. The tour will also feature a raffle with two top prizes. The first is a quilt by Westside Neighborhood resident John Putnam. The second top prize is an art glass bowl by Craig Mitchell Smith. Pictures of the prizes may be seen at the Advent House web site http://www.adventhouse.com/events.html. Raffle tickets are $2.00 each or three for $5.00.
This year’s sponsors include: Major Sponsors: Lansing Board of Water of Light; Tomie Raines, Ilona Sabo-Shuler, Associate Broker; Comerica Bank, Eastwood Towne Center; Lansing City Clerk, Chris Swope, John Putnam and the Advent House Board of Directors. Additional sponsorship support comes from: Mary Eckart; Coldwell Banker Hubbell Briarwood, Brian Huggler, Associate Broker; Wease Halloran, PLC; M3 – Motion, Marketing & Media; Andy Provenzano, Meteorologist, WILX Television.
Tickets may be purchased in advance at the following locations:
- Biggby at the Triangle, 2002 W. Saginaw Street, Lansing
- Mole Hole Gift Shop, 4758 Marsh Rd., Okemos
- October Moon, 119 E. Grand River, Lansing's Old Town
- Smith Floral & Greenhouses, 1124 E. Mt. Hope, Lansing's near south side
- Udder Creamery, 4131 W. Saginaw, two blocks west of Waverly Rd. on Lansing's west side
- Decker's Coffee Company, 220 S. Washington St., Downtown Lansing
- Hickory Corners Nursery, 325 City Market Dr., Downtown Lansing
Tickets may be purchased the day of the event at the following locations:
- Lansing Fire Station #7, 629 N. Jenison Ave.
- Letts Community Center, 1220 West Kalamazoo St.
About Advent House Ministries - Founded in 1990, Advent House Ministries brings together people of many faiths to build a community of hope for those who struggle with poverty and homelessness in the Lansing area. Through our programs we provide respite from life’s struggles and create opportunities for children and adults to fulfill their potential. http://www.adventhouse.com